Cụm động từ (Phrasal Verb) là kết hợp của một động từ cơ bản đi kèm với một hoặc hai giới từ. Nghĩa của Phrasal Verb rất khó đoán dựa vào nghĩa của động từ và giới từ tạo thành nó.
Sau đây THPT Sóc Trăng xin gửi đến các bạn tài liệu bao gồm các bài tập trắc nghiệm về cụm động từ tiếng Anh. Hi vọng, tài liệu này sẽ giúp ích nhiều trong quá trình ôn tập và củng cố kiến thức môn tiếng Anh của các bạn. Chúc các bạn học tốt.
Bài tập về cụm động từ
Bạn đang xem: Bài tập trắc nghiệm về cụm động từ tiếng Anh (Có đáp án)
1. He drives so quickly that I am afraid that one day he will_______ someone crossing the street.
a. crash down
b. knock down
c. turn over
d. run across
2. Hello. Is that 956782? Please put me_______ the manager.
3. The three friends all_______ for the same job.
4. I don’t think he will ever get_______ the shock of his father’s death.
5. The company is aiming to push_______ its share of car sales to 25% over the next two years.
6. The child hurt himself badly when he fell _______ the bedroom window.
a. out from
b. out of
7. Don’t worry about trying to catch the last train home, as we can easily_______ you up for the night.
8. I am late because my alarm clock didn’t _______ this morning.
a. come on
b. ring out
c. go off
d. turn on
9. He’s such a naughty child’ it’s amazing what his mother lets him_______ away with.
10. The factory paid_______ nearly a million pounds to their employees injured in the explosion.
11. My daughter often_______ to see me at lest once a week.
a. calls up
b. drops in
c. goes up
d. comes on
12. I think he is unwell; he was complaining_______ a headache this morning.
13. I saw a thief take Tom’s wallet so I ran _______ him, but I couldn’t catch him.
14. If it’s raining tomorrow, we shall have top put_______ the match till Sunday.
15. There was a big hole is the rod which _______ the traffic.
a. kept down
b. held up
c. stood back
d. sent back
16. She applied for training as a pilot, but they turned her _______ because of her poor eyesight.
17. These old houses are going to be _______ soon.
a. laid out
b. run down
c. knocked out
d. pulled down
18. I can’_______ what he’s doing, it’s so dark down there.
a. see through
b. make out
c. look into
d. show up
19. Having looked the place _______, the gang went away to make their plans.
20. Take the number 7 bus and get_______ at Forest Road.
1. If you want to join this club, you must_______ this application form.
a. make up
b. write down
c. do up
d. fill in
2. The water company will have to _______ off water supplies while repairs to the pipes are carried out.
3. Come_______, children! Get your coats on or you’ll be late for school.
4. She tried to prevent the dog_______ running into the road.
5. The doctor told him to keep_______ sweets and chocolate to lose weight.
6. Tom was slow to catch_______, but gradually he began to understand.
7. I haven’t time to speak to him now, you’ll have to put him_______
8. You know I’ll always stand_______ you if you are in trouble.
9. I disapprove_______ people smoking in public places.
10. She found it is hard to _______ up to the fact that she would never be famous.
11. For the first few minutes she was leading the race, then she began to fall_______
12. The job offer was too good for him to turn_______
13. His son’s death was a terrible shock and it took him a long time to _______ it.
a. get round
b. come through
c. go over
d. get over
14. Please come_______ and see us some time-you’re always welcome.
15. She put _______ speaking to him as long as possible.
16. He filled in the necessary forms and _______ for the job.
17. She went _______ a bad cold just before Christmas.
a. down with
b. in for
18. They had never come_______ such a beautiful little village before.
19. When the tenants failed to pay their bills, the authorities decided to cut_______ the gas supply to the flats.
20. The doctor advised me not to take_______ so much work in future.
1. The police have warned tourists to look_______ for pickpockets in the town centre.
2. I wouldn’t_______ of going to a party unless I hadn’t been invited to.
3. If you want to be healthy; you should cut_______ on your smoking.
4. Their aim is to_______ up a new political party.
5. He was busy when I phoned but I hung_______ until he was free.
6. I’m not sure how old he is but he must be _______ for 70.
a. going by
b. getting up
c. getting on
d. going off
7. I absolutely_______ with everything that has been said.
8. The man who lives opposite us sometimes comes _______ for a cup for coffee.
9. The butcher cut some steak, _______ it up and handed it to me.
10. In order to _______ with his studies he worked though the summer.
b. catch on
c. catch up
d. take up
11. A god friend will stand _______ you when you’re having trouble.
12. The meeting had to be put_______ until a later date.
13. The teachers at the school went_______ with flu one after the other.
14. The smell was so bad that it completely_______ us off our food.
15. We expected him at eight but the finally_______ at midnight.
a. came to
b. turned out
c. turned in
d. came off
Đáp án bài tập cụm động từ
Mời các bạn tải file tài liệu để xem thêm nội dung chi tiết
Đăng bởi: THPT Sóc Trăng
Chuyên mục: Giáo Dục